Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dolls in Boxes

When I first started collecting and reading blogs, I didn't understand why some people left their dolls in boxes.  I know some do it because they're buying for resale.  It was the ones that fully intend to keep the item but wont open it I didn't get.  I was all, "How can you not want to play with it?"  Cue to a year later and look who's got a few dolls still in boxes.


Ms. Leo did a great post where she imitated an advertisement.  I finally found an ad that I wanted to try this with and the lady it features is Asian.  I have a boxed Asian lady who would be perfect but when I picked up the box I really didn't want to open it.

I only have 20 fashion dolls on display because that's as many as I want out at one time.  It's kind of a way of policing myself (it doesn't work very well though).  Dolls that are purchased for parts, clothes or rebodying go straight to the spare parts box.  But others that I intend to feature at some point, stay boxed.  Except, now that I have one to feature, I refuse to take it out, lol.  I just like how the boxes look together.  It's as though I have my own cool little toy section.

Hi, I'm Muff.  I like to keep my dolls in their boxes.

14 comments:

  1. LOL! Too funny. You know what that means. You are going to have to buy them twice. One to keep in the box. One to take out. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I still have several, yes several in a boxes. My Dynamite Reese is like a present, I still can't take her out the box knowing darn well she will be coming out when she makes her debut. She just so pretty to look at!

    Hi Muff, it Brini and I still have dolls in the boxes!!, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: when I bought a doll I'm looking out of the box and change of clothes. I also like looking at shoes and accessories. I can not take much time to see the doll in the box. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame the packaging people. They create these charming tableaux that draw us in. Yes, they are very bad, those packaging people. Seducing us collectors into retaining their static second.

    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, Vanessa. As cheap as I am about buying one, I would freak out at buying two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Brini. You are one of us... welcome. Donuts and drinks in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marta, in the beginning I would take the doll out of the box immediately. Don't know what changed. Just bought too many at once I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right D7ana! I have been seduced by the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just have a pair of dolls boxed, and just because I don't have a proper shelf to place them... I cannot help opening them, it's something stronger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Rossetti. That's how I started out, didn't have room to place the newer dolls. It's a slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only have about 9 dolls still in boxes. Of the ones in boxes three I have unboxed too. I do like to play with my dolls, even if it isn't very often. I want this blonde guy! I haven't found him on sale yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only 9, Ms. Leo? See, you too have a little mini toy store. I've seen the blonde guy at every BigLots I've been to for $12. They have 20% off sales every once in a while so you could get him for under $10.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post. I have several in and out. Lol! I am downsizing though. I also rather take out and play with my dolls. It brings me great joy to do so, especially after a hectic day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Georgia Girl it's surprising how relaxing it is to jsut put clothes on dolls and prance them around.

    ReplyDelete