Sunday, March 4, 2012

From Pencil Top to Water Glass

I keep the bits from pens, as well as the tops from bottles, in case I can use them for my doll stuff.  I'm always on the lookout to see if anything I buy can be re-purposed to 1/6 scale.  On Saturday BigLots had a 20% off sale (and another one on Sunday if you have a coupon), so you know I had to stop by.  I got some aluminum foil, pork rinds and these cool pencils that were only 1 dollar.


I'll use the tippy tops as little water glasses, the slide caps as table top or wall vases and the erasers as chair legs.  The pencils I will use as... you guessed it, pencils!  LOL, I crack me up.


Anyway, for the price and the ability to use every single piece for something, I think it's one of my better finds.  I thought about cutting off the part of the slide cap that is poking up, but for what I'm going to do with them, I don't think it's necessary.  Just imagine a whole row of them along your dio wall with a little flower arrangement in each one.  Pretty swanky, yes?


Here's a scale shot of the "glasses."  Because of the line going around the middle it already looks like it has water in it.  You could put clay, foam or resin inside if you wanted a colored liquid look.  I've seen some bloggers that have doll bars or restaurants.  You could have a bunch of these on your shelves or bar top.  8 glasses and 8 vases for a buck.  Cant beat that.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! See I was trying to forego going to that Big Lots sale. I made it through 2 days and here you go with the cute water glasses. Love that idea and I will gladly think of you every time my dollies take a drink. Pork rinds! You sound like my mother. Note to self: Don't forget to print coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork rinds, hot sauce and a ice cold Coca Cola. Now that's the good life! And here's a toast from my dolls to yours. L'chaim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum. Were they Barbeque pork rinds?

      Slaps hand. Gotta stop obsessing about food.

      Thanks for these tips!

      Delete
    2. LOL, no they were regular skins. I like to put hot sauce on them. I've never enjoyed the taste of the pre flavored ones.

      Delete
  3. Great idea, my dolls could always use another set of glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Frannie, they really are great. Instant glasses with no muss, no fuss or high price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Spain: what a great idea. I had not happened. Thanks for sharing. I also am always looking at things that I serve the scale of BARBIE. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Marta and thanks for commenting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea!!! They are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete