Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Can Be... Fashion Designer


Love it!  Saw this tonight at Walmart for $13.98.  The outfit is awesome.  Okay, I would remove the tape measure from the blouse and just let it hang about her neck or shoulders.  It's a little gimmicky for my tastes to have it sewn to the top.  I couldn't get a clear shot of the shoes but they are cute black pumps.  I cant tell if both knees are articulated, but the way Mattel has been going lately, it would not surprise me if just the one knee is bendable.


The props, details and stitching are nice.  I even like the artwork on the background set.  Even though this isn't fully articulated, I actually think it's worth the price.  Of course I didn't get it though.  You know I have to comparison shop to see if I can get it cheaper.  For now, it's another one to add to my ever expanding list.

11 comments:

  1. Next week, Barbie at Toy's R Us is going to be Buy 1 get another at 50% off. Doesn't include the Collector Barbies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the blonde one the other day and I loved her outfit, but it's too expensive to buy it for that reason... Which is a pity, I must admit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw these in the stores I may have to wait for a sale. TRU has been having the BOGO 50% off. I didn't see them there though. I think I will pass this one I just love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOHHH Yes!!, very cute. I am so in love with the accessories. I'm definately buying her for the accessories. Thanks for leting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments everybody ^_^

    I appreciate the heads up Frannie. I'm going to stop by TRU and see if they have it. I do swear though that sometimes when they have a buy one get one they remove merchandise so you aren't able to buy particular items on sale.

    Rossetti, I'm a big fan of graphic prints and funky tees, so I thinks that's why I would be more willing to pay that price for it.

    Hi Dollz4Moi. I agree, that necklace is pretty nice. I like how thick it is.

    Brini, those accessories are what's totally pulling me in. My mom was quite the seamstress in her day and the whole set just kind of reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff, I soooo agree with you that TRU removes some of their stock (like the Johnny Depp dolls) when they have BOGO sales. Very annoying. Makes me want to ask for a raincheck. Pout.

      That is a cool outfit on the Designer Barbie.

      Delete
    2. Yep, TRU is super sneaky that way.

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: I want to be Barbie designer is going to buy it for next week. It's beautiful. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Marta. When you buy it please let me know if both knees are bendable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, it would just about kill me if she had just one knee articulated. Next up: a Barbie with bendable left knee and left elbow. Or maybe left knee, right elbow, left wrist.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alrunia. Nothing would surprise me. Mattel made a doll that only had one single wrist artiuclated and nothing else. They can get weird that way.

    ReplyDelete